Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about our users in various ways. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information that we collect through your use of the Services, and information that we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
In order to take advantage of the Services or features offered or provided by the Services, you may be asked to provide personal information. For example, if you request information from us through the Services, we may collect your name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number.
Information About Use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide to us, we may collect information about your use of the Services. For example, we may collect:
- Device Information – We may collect information concerning your computer and other devices used to access the Services. For example, we may collect your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, and browser type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. - Usage Information – We also may collect information about the Services you use, your interactions with content offered through the Services, and other online activity. For example, we may collect information about how many visitors visit a specific page on the Services, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. We collect this information, in part, through the use of technologies such as cookies and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below.
Information From Third-Party Sources
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media site if you connect to the Services through that site.
How We Use Information
To Provide You Access to the Services and Manage Your Requests on the Services
We use your information to send it to the educational offerings that you select at one or more of our affiliated or managed educational entities. We may share information with other Leksi entities or our affiliated or managed educational institutions if you apply for a job opening or have a customer inquiry about one of their services. Other uses include, for example, responding to transactional requests and delivering, analyzing, and improving our website(s) and other services.
To Better Understand Our Users
We may use information we gather to determine which areas of the Services are most frequently visited/purchased to understand how to enhance the Services.
To Protect the Rights of the Services and Others
We may use your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, our employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
We have adopted physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help protect against theft, loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to or disclosure of the information we collect and receive. However, please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are concerned with the security of your personal data and strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information, or any other disclosures out of our control.
Sharing of Information
We may disclose your personal information or information that does not identify any individual:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To third-party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partners will make the data we provide them anonymous. To learn more about the use of this information or to make choices about receiving personalized advertising provided by third parties, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
- To other parties with your consent. For instance, if you submit your email address to be added to a mailing list or Sweepstakes or other promotion, we will use the email address for the sole purpose of sending you announcements, special offers from Leksi and its promotional partners along with Site updates.
- In addition, Leksi reserves the right to and may disclose Personal Information about you in response to (a) requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; b) any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as subpoena; (c) if required by law; or (d) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Site, rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
Managed Educational Institutions and Educational Affiliates
If you purchase or request information about our educational offerings, we may share information with those managed educational institutions and educational affiliates you select for the purpose of providing you the information you seek. If you apply for a job or have an inquiry related to them, we also share information with them for that purpose. These entities are expected to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for all of their privacy practices, and they may use your information for their own purposes, including providing you with special offers, promotional materials and other information that may be of use to you. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
We may use service providers to perform a variety of services for Leksi and the Services, such as providing data analysis and form submissions. As a result, we may share your personal information with those businesses for the limited purpose of performing those services.
Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Services
Otherwise With Your Consent or At Your Discretion
Use of Tracking Technologies and Opting Out
Opting out of cookies
You may set your browser to decline cookies. If you do so, however, you may not be able to fully experience some interactive features of the Site. If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve Personal Information from your device without your knowledge.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
We also may use other tracking technologies. For example, we may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon, and the IP address of your device. We use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and in conjunction with cookies.
As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of device and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Site and App. We may collect and use clickstream data to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on websites, how visitors navigate throughout websites and how we may tailor our Service to better meet consumer needs. This information will be used to improve our Site and App. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous, and will not intentionally contain any Persona Information.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
Third Parties that Provide Content or Functionality
Links to Other Web Sites
Your Ability To Choose
Disclosure of Information for Marketing Purposes
If you wish to change your preferences about being contacted or withdraw your consent to be contacted, we encourage you to follow the instructions in any email or other message you receive, and contact the applicable educational institution sending you the information directly, since they are subject to separate privacy policies. If you do not receive a response or are not unsubscribed promptly, you may also let us know by sending us a written request by email to email@example.com. When composing your email, please include the phrase “Unsubscribe Request” in the subject line and body of the request and state to which educational institution the unsubscribe request applies.
Access, Update, or Correct Information and Other Data Subject Rights
You may have certain rights as a data subject under local law. For example, you may have the right to access, update, or correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, or the right to data portability. If you would like to access, review, or update your information or otherwise exercise your rights, please contact us as set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Other Important Information
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors under the age of 18 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a minor under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
How to Contact Us
Last updated: March 2020